This weekend, San Antonio-area residents are invited to attend Best Buy’s grand re-opening celebrations in three locations including: San Antonio, Alamo Ranch and Legacy. The stores each have new features and designs which allow for a more interactive and accessible shopping experience. Festivities include the following:
Saturday, November 10:
· Family breakfast fare from Taco Cabana will be served at 8:30 a.m.
· Opening ceremonies including – Ribbon cutting ceremony, high school drum lines and check presentations to the following charity partners at 9:45 a.m.
o Boys and Girls Clubs of San Antonio at Alamo Ranch location
o Healy-Murphy Center at San Antonio location
o SA Youth at Legacy location
o George Gervin Youth Center Inc. to support the enhancement of local technology programs for teens
· First 300 customers (18 or older) will receive a gift bag that includes a mystery Best Buy gift card valued between $10 and $1,000
· First 25 kids (18 or under) will receive a Geek Squad T-shirt
· San Antonio’s own Sebastien De La Cruz and Mariachi Charros de Oro from America’s Got Talent appearance and photographs:
o Alamo Ranch location from 11:30 a.m.;
o Legacy location from 3:00 p.m.
· Top Chef Texas and San Antonio-Austin Chef Paul Qui appearance and demonstration at the San Antonio location from 11:00 a.m.
· James Beard semi-finalist and local restaurateur Jason Dady appearance and demonstration at the San Antonio location from 2:00 p.m.
· Text to win for exciting prizes – In-store prize winners announced at the top of every hour during store hours all day long
*For celebrity appearances, wristbands will be distributed 2 hours prior to the start time and are available on a first-come, first-served basis – maximum 1 wristband per person
Best Buy is excited to offer their customers a whole new shopping experience!
- An expanded Geek Squad precinct, which can help make understanding your gadgets easier
- Eye-level displays creating more opportunities to play with and discover the technology you love
- Digital registers located throughout the store to streamline the check-out process so you can get in and out faster than ever
- New in-store digital displays that update as often as our products do so you can be in-the-know with the latest information on all your favorite brands
Learn about all the details here. In San Antonio, on Saturday, November 10th, 2012, you’ll be able to get this new shopping experience at any of the following locations from 10am to 10pm!
- San Antonio – 125 Nw Loop 410 Ste 201, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Legacy – 2003 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78232
- Alamo Ranch – 5419 W Loop 1604 N, San Antonio, TX 78253
Want to win a $25 Best Buy gift card? FIVE lucky readers will win! Enter by doing any (or all!) of the following:
- Become a Fan of my blog (or let me know that you are already!): https://www.facebook.com/geekettebitsfan
- Follow me on Twitter @geekettebits
- Share this post with your friends on Facebook and tag
- Leave a comment on this post (below)
- Subscribe to my blog’s newsletter
- Tweet the following:
@geekettebits I want to win a $25 giftcard so I can experience the #NewBestBuy experience! http://bit.ly/S8NdFh
I’ll be choosing one winner a week for the next five weeks! Your entry will remain in the drawing unless you win one of the gift cards!
**Thank you to the folks at Best Buy for helping me host this contest by donating five $25 gift certificates!