Taking advantage of all the social media opportunities, I have tried to reach out to possible readers through multiple channels. Something incredibly important to me and the goal of my entire blog – make your life easier…by saving you time and money!
Everything I do on my blog should do just that and here’s 8 ways I tried to take advantage of Web 2.0:
- Follow me on Twitter! @geekettebits
Not only will you be alerted of new posts – you’ll also see them conveniently with everyone else status updates!
- Friend me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/geekettebits
- Once you add me on FB and Twitter, check out who I am following. Businesses local to San Antonio, websites that offer GREAT deals, get the scoop before I do! Or if you don’t want the extra noise, check out my profile to see the alerts without having to add anyone!
- iGoogle Gadget – have a personalized Google homepage? Add the Geekette Bits Google gadget there! See quick summaries of the most recent posts!
- iPhone – my site is mobile friendly! Got an iPhone? Doesn’t have to be 3G but it’s very iPhone friendly! Bookmark me!
- RSS Feed – don’t want to mess with those other tools? Just subscribe to RSS feeds directly!!
- Leave Comments – sign up for my site through Google Friend Connect to leave comments, good and bad on my posts. Let me know what you really would’ve like information on OR what you’d like to see next time!
- Google Maps – I have 3 right now…whenever I post about something I try to also include it in one of 3 maps:
- Lil’ Bits – take a quick glance on a Saturday morning to see what’s free and close…or look to see a map view of kid friendly places!
- Geekette HotSpots – just places I think are worth checking out!
- Great Bytes – places I’ve reviewed or want to check out or will eventually blog about!
- Links can be found at anytime on the right hand column of my blog “Bitmaps”.