Although there are a lot of popular Black Friday websites (check out my post from 2009 to see my favorites), I wanted to post some ads that I have found that I don’t think have gotten enough attention.
Black Friday Tips
- Never Assume – Although I’m a HUGE online shopper, last year there were several websites not prepared to handle the traffic generated by Black Friday. Don’t assume the website will work, if there is something you really want, go in-person.
- Store Hours – Check out that link for common stores and their shopping start times. Know if the store if offering Thanksgiving hours, Thanksgiving online hours, Black Friday hours, and Black Friday online hours. No two stores were created equally.
- Research – Check out that inclusive link to the left! Includes tons of stores and their Black Friday offers. Know how much something is worth before you look at the discounted price. It might not be a great deal after all.
- Confident Purchases ONLY! – If there is something that you have second thoughts about buying, DON’T buy it. If you don’t know if it’s really that good of a deal, don’t buy it! You’ll be able to get great discounts again as soon as Christmas is over. This is not your only chance…don’t sweat it.
- Location, Location, Location – When planning my in-store purchases, I consider the demographic of the different store locations. Is there going to be a bigger demand for the XBOX Kinetic at the Walmart off I-10 and 1604 or Fredericksburg, TX? If there’s a huge deal you know is worth it, save purchase time by going to the less busy store, even if the drive’s a little longer.
Good luck and remember that there’s always post-Christmas sales!
Hot Destination Deals:
Southwest Vacations – offers “great prices for limited time” (Black Friday through Cyber Monday) and includes Las Vegas, Orlando, Los Angeles, Ski resorts, and more!
Broadway Across America – Ticket deals available too! Check out a list of shows offered at discounted prices at a theater near you!
The Scholastic Store – Take an extra 20% off w/ FREE shipping when you use “ssbf20” at checkout, now until 11/29/2010. Enjoy up to 75% off!
Vera Bradley – Spend over $100 at this retailer and get a FREE holiday tote! ($48 value!)
The Limited – 40% off EVERYTHING, in-store and online! Don’t forget you’ll also get a FREE mini-bag w/ $75 purchase (also both online AND in-store!)
Smart Home – Ever want to completely automate your home? Preheat your over w/ your cell phone? Lights controlled by remote? Take a look at their exclusive savings, NOW through the end of 11/26!
Golf Galaxy – Starts online Thursday, 11/25 at 12AM ET. Save big on clubs, gear, and more! $1.99 flat shipping rate!
Bed, Bath, & Beyond – Shop early and save 20% off your ENTIRE order, including clearance items!
Overstock.com – not only will you enjoy severely discounted items, you’ll save 10% off your entire purchase and enjoy $1 shipping!
Denny’s – Enjoy 20% off your entire ticket, the entire day at Denny’s!