As of 5/1/2014 at 10:50pm, the polls have officially been open for early voting for 4 days and a whopping 6,545 people have voted in Bexar County for the Joint General, Special and Bond Election on May 10, 2014.
Early Voting Schedule
The Early Voting schedule is as follows:
- Monday – Friday April 28 – May 2 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday May 3 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday – Tuesday May 5 – 6 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sample ballot based on your address here.
Find early voting locations here.
Polls will also be open on Election Day, May 10. However, on Election Day, voters must vote at their specific polling location. Visit http://elections.bexar.org/index.html for more information.
Northside enrollment has continued to grow by over 2000 students every year. NISD just surpassed 101,000 students. Did you know that Northside grows by 2 to 3 classrooms a week?
Northside is the 4th largest school district in Texas and certainly the largest in the San Antonio metroplex. More than half of Northside schools are older than 20 years; and some were originally built as early as the 1950s and 1960s.
In the district’s 64-year history, all 115 schools have been constructed with bond funds.
More than half of the funding proposed in School Bond 2014, fifty five percent, would be used to be pay for improvements to existing Northside schools. For a detailed list of proposed projects and for more information about School Bond 2014, visit http://nisd.net/bond/2014/:
- addresses the needs of thousands more students
- funds major renovations of libraries, cafeterias, and science labs at older schools and replaces entire buildings
- makes necessary upgrades to infrastructure systems like roofing and heating and air-conditioning
- also updates students’ and teachers’ technology and adds “interactive white boards” at elementary schools