GIVEAWAY: YMCA Family Membership San Antonio
I thought a lot about how I wanted to kick the 2014 year off at Geekette Bits and have decided what better way than encourage family quality time and healthy lifestyle choices!? I was thrilled when the YMCA of San Antonio asked to partner together so that I could give one fantastic reader a one month family membership to the YMCA. My daughter played sports with the Y for several years, always having a great experience. I know they also have all kinds of fun events throughout the years geared towards families, kids, couples, and singles ready to mingle.
The Y is also definitely a community centered organization that doesn’t just talk the talk. I am a HUGE fan of Siclovia, a free event that turns major city streets in to a safe place for people to exercise and play that is sponsored by the YMCA. Check out all these other ways they take care of the needs of our city of San Antonio here, including providing licensed childcare for almost 10,000 kids!
“Let’s begin our new fitness commitment with fun, fitness-centered contest,” says Laura Waldrum, Director of Marketing and Public Relations. “New members also will lose some winter chill as they experience the warmth and support of the YMCA community.”
Five Ways to Get Healthy in 2014
- Get moving – Commit to being active a little each day. Set small goals and gradually work your way to longer, more difficult goals. Don’t push yourself too hard – slow and steady wins the race!
- Choose wisely – If you are in the market for a new gym to call home, make sure to look for a facility that offers excellent staff support in an environment where you feel comfortable. The Y recently launched their signature Fit Path program specially designed to get you started on your fitness journey. This program combines one-on-one staff support with the convenience of modern technology. This state-of-the-art program is complementary with a Y membership.
- Lift weights – Weight lifting blasts calories during your workout, super charges your metabolism and tightens up your body. Seek out a gym like the Y where trainers are readily available to get you started on a safe and effective weight-lifting program.
- Try new things – Trying new classes and exercise equipment will keep your workouts fresh and fun! At the YMCA, a variety of group exercise classes – from boot camp, to Zumba, to yoga – are offered at convenient times all week long. Access to most classes is included as part of your membership, so trying new classes is simple and affordable.
- Workout with a friend – Working out with a friend helps you stay motivated and holds you accountable, but more importantly, it’s fun! At the Y, members who refer a friend will receive a free month of membership – so, you will save while getting healthy with a buddy.
Sign up for a full membership this month because the Y is waiving its usual joining fee during January. Save $49 to add an extra incentive to sign up and get started on a healthy 2014.
One Month Family YMCA Membership includes:
- Two adults and children under 18 in household
- No contracts (Try before you buy!)
- FREE Wellness Consultations
- FREE group exercise like Zumba, Yoga and Pilates
- FREE child care while you work out
- FREE ActivTrax
- FREE Family Events
- Access to all 10 YMCA health and wellness facilities
- Exclusive rates on early learning centers (five in San Antonio), youth sports, after school programs, and the Y’s overnight camp, Camp Flaming Arrow
As always there are several ways to win!
- Leave a comment on this post
- Become a fan on Facebook: http://facebook.com/geekettebitsfan
- Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/geekettebits
- Tweet the following:
@geekettebits I want to win a month long family @YMCAsatx membership!! http://bit.ly/JGGjto
Winner will be selected on January 17, 2014 so come back to see if you won! Winner will be contacted through email and information mailed.
Double Your Chances to Win!
To enter the sweepstakes, go to the YMCA of Greater San Antonio’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ymcasatx). Click on the contest post, fill out the entry form and that’s it. Share the entry post for extra chances to win. The winners will be announced Jan. 15th. No one is required to join the YMCA to enter.