What are you doing on the 9th day of the 9th month of the 2009th year at 9am/pm?
Sure a lot of people will get married and babies will be born on September 9th, 2009. Already appreciating September (the month of my birthday), I am excited to announce other ways people are choosing to celebrate this upcoming Wednesday:
- Follow @BecomePeace2009 on Twitter (and help make #peace a trending topic!)
- RAK (Random Act of Kindness) – but BBC Radio also help start a growing RAK trend…read the blog to find out more (and print your own flyers or cards)!
2. FTD Good Neighbor Day 2009 – The flower experts are celebrating the 15th annual FTD Good Neighbor Day holiday.
- Since 1994, FTD has encouraged all neighbors to foster community by offering (through local florists) same-day deliveries of beautiful, FREE bouquets.
- Customers are encouraged to keep one flower for themselves and offer the rest to their neighbors.
- Find your local FTD florist here.
3. Monopoly City Streets – Google (heard of them??) launches their Google Maps version of Monopoly!
- Buy any street in the world!
- Monopoly City Streets blog here.
- Play against your friends and finally get into the real estate market like you always wanted to, become a property mogul.
4. Beatles Revolution 9 – the iconic Beatles have a lot going on, 9/9:
- The Beatles Rockband – Comes out for Xbox 360, PS3, & Wii (check back for coupons – I’ll find them!) Early review from CNET.
- Digitally Remastered – after 22 years, the digitally remastered versions of the Beatles studio albums will be released, as confirmed by press release:
Please Please Me
With the Beatles
A Hard Day’s Night
Beatles for Sale
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Magical Mystery Tour
The Beatles (The White Album)
Let It Be
- Starting in New Zealand, take time at 9am, to participate in interconnectedness (or oneness) opportunities (formal to informal acts.)
- Global Events – see what and when countries across the world are participating in.
- Email a friend
- Join the group.
6. @BarackObama – Don’t just follow him on Twitter, listen to him address a joint session of Congress on health care reform in prime time!
- Obama’s website highlights concisely.
- Obama Mobile – somewhat unrelated, text “HOPE” to 62262 for updates from Obama’s camp.
7. Independence Day – the Republic of Tajikistan declared independence on this day from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Father Laval – Roman Catholic priest and missionary to the local people.
- Mauritius – famous for being the only home of the Dodo bird!
- On this day, Mauritians (not Martians…) locals head to his tombs in hopes of benefitting from his post-mortem healing powers.
9. SA’s Bartender Bash w/ YVodka – YVodka who I first read about in @SavorSA’s blog, envisioned a vodka for the ’77-’97, you guessed it!!, Y-generation consisting of young professionals (and +21 college students) who appreciated a top-of-the-line bottle for a bottom-of-the-barrel price.
- Free Y Vodka to 1st 300 club goers!
- $2 YVodka all nite!
- Club Newsletters – Not close to San Antonio? I imagine this is a BIG after-hours night for a lot of venues…sign up for their email subscriptions NOW to get alerts and coupons for Wendesday (and on your birthday, etc…)
- Follow @TheYVodka & @ClubRive on Twitter!
Technically it just another day…but make 9/9/09 memorable by taking the time and participating in several, if not all, of the events listed above. (If you don’t make it to Martian, I’ll understand…)