Did you wait until the last minute to purchase a Christmas present this year? No fear! UNICEF is here.
The best gift is a gift that keeps giving…and what could be better than a gift that literally saves lives, natural resources, and makes the world a better place!
A couple of Sundays ago, at my church Oak Hills in San Antonio, Max Lucado quickly showed a video of missionaries from our church sent to different parts of Africa to build fresh water wells w/ money raised from the Bibleland Children’s Sunday School classes. Not only were the children there laughing and thanking us, they are now able to enjoy clean, fresh water without worrying about contamination, disease, and travelling many miles to fetch a tiny amount.
Check out all the ways to give back to children around the world:
Working in over 150 countries, UNICEF provides children with health care, clean water, nutrition, education, protection, emergency relief, and more.
22,000 children die EVERY DAY from preventable diseases. Imagine being able to buy a gift that saves the life of one or many children in poverty stricken parts of the world! Several, charitable organizations like UNICEF let you do just that! Dedicate the purchase in the name of a loved one or friend and send/print notification.
Right now the featured gift is a “Winter Child Survival Pack” that includes:
- supplies to sustain child for 6 months!!
- vitamins and minerals to grow healthy
- measles and polio immunizations
- enough water purification tablets for 50,000 liters of water!!
ALL of that is possible w/ a small donation of $81.35! And if that’s too much they take general donations of $5 and more.
- Education & Play – school supplies, soccer balls, and more give these children a chance for quality educations!
- Immunizations – vaccinations for diseases that don’t even exist in modern countries ($20 buys 412 tetanus shots)
- Water – water pumps, purification, and family water kits
- Nutrition – baby scales, ready to eat food, vitamin powder ($18 buys 604 individual doses of vitamins and minerals!)
- Emergency – high energy food, water kits, tents and more to help during emergencies
- Health – first aid kits for field workers, mother/baby packs, for $80 save 1000k from deadly diseases
Did you know that as you’re shopping for people on other sites you could still be helping children fight preventable diseases?!
Click on the links for more details! American Airlines is fighting diseases w/ incentives to donate to UNICEF by offering 2 AAdvantage miles in return for EACH dollar donated. Donate right now!
The special edition “Gucci for UNICEF” Sukey bag, designed by Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini in grey “La Pelle Guccissima” leather, is being sold in Gucci stores in over 20 countries and from April 15, 2010 through February 28, 2011, Gucci will donate 25% of the retail price!
UNICEF Social Media
TeachUNICEF is a portfolio of UNICEF-focused resources designed and collected by the U.S. Fund for UNICEF’s Education Department for educators, afterschool instructors, and parents. The units, lesson plans, stories, and multimedia cover topics ranging from the Millennium Development Goals to water and sanitation.
*Teaser for my next blog “Teach UNICEF” 🙂