What are you doing this summer? Forget Disney World in Florida, head to Boston, Mass., for the hottest Open Source party in the country – Red Hat Summit and JBoss World.
Where: Boston, Massachusetts
When: June 22-25, 2010
JBoss is an open-source Java EE application server. Now a division of Red Hat, this
At a glance, find out what’s going on – from Tuesday, 6/22 through Friday, 6/25, it’s a nonstop fast track full of dynamic topics and happy hour good times.
- Tuesday, June 22 & Wednesday, June 23 – welcome receptions, keynote speakers, and tons of breakout sessions!
- Thursday, June 24 – keynote speakers, breakout sessions, even a Pub Crawl!
- Friday, June 25 – breakout sessions, joint expert panel, innovation awards, and closing ceremony!
*MUST SEE: “JBoss TCO, Performance, & Capabilities Comparison Results” on June 24 at 10:20am to 11:20am to learn:
Attendees will leave this session with an understanding about why JBoss Enterprise Application Platform is a worthy replacement for costly proprietary application servers.
- Red Hat Summit – whether you’re already using open source or looking to investigate more, this track will teach you about enterprise level applications available from the open source community.
- JBoss World – traversing this high-tech track will stimulate your geeky nerve endings and teach you about maximizing your JBoss potential!
- Cloud – offered throughout the entire conference, the cloud computing track offers insight into open source cloud technology and how you can apply it at a huge cost-savings.
- Labs – on Wednesday and Thursday, check out these interactive learning sessions
- Keynote – Jim Whitehurst, Paul Cormier, and Brian Stevens are headlining at this years conference!
- Session – do you know an open source celebrity scheduled to speak? Check out this A-Z session speaker index to quickly find them!
Check out this year’s sponsors!
Conference Social Media
- Summit Blog – check back for the latest updates.
- @RedHatSummit – follow their interactive tweets for the latest information about the conference, the speakers, sessions, and more!
- Facebook Fan – become a fan on Facebook to get more information, interact with other open source fans, and more!
- YouTube – check out the latest online videos about the event!
- LinkedIn – RSVP to the event through LinkedIn to let them know you’re coming! (Does NOT count as registration…)
- Flickr – pictures from last year’s and 2010!
Rates & Travel
- Rates – make sure you register before May 1, 2010 for the early bird prices! If you went last year you’ll get an alumni savings of $600! Work for the government? There’s deals for you too! Great group rates for 3-4, and 5+ people!
- Travel – hosted by the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center, in the historic district (make reservations by June 1st to take advantage of the conference rate specials!)