Part of our family tradition includes putting envelopes on the tree of the different gifts we’ve purchased in honor of the intended recipient from World Vision. For my mom, an avid sewer, I got a quilting machine for someone to use to make a living off of. For my daughter I have gotten her favorite animal so that she would know that because of her “cow” people were getting milk and other food.
The World Vision Gift Catalog offers more than 250 items that help fight poverty and save lives here in U.S. and around the world. With a financial contribution, donors can select one of the 30+ handcrafted gifts that can be shared with a loved one and at the same time help a person in need. Tax deductible gift that continues to give, exemplifying the true reason for the season.
For those procrastinators that don’t have time to receive the associated gift items in the mail, World Vision allows easily printable cards to include in the gift.
Some of my favorite gifts include:
Goat and Two Chickens to nourish hungry children and families with healthy milk, cheese, and yogurt as well as fresh eggs to eat with extra eggs to sell.
Fresh Water More than 6,000 children die each day from diseases spread by unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation and hygiene.
- Education for Girls – Help a girl go to school, get an education, and overcome poverty.
- Hope for Sexually Exploited Girls – Millions of children—most of them girls—are enslaved in the global sex trade today.
- Handcrafted Gifts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldVisionUSA
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldVisionNews
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/worldvision