This list is completely my own personal opinion, based on hours and hours of research, searching for the perfect gifts for (geeky) kids this holiday season. My daughter is 10 years old, LOVES to play with LEGO sets, is very into Star Wars, and loves the periodic table of elements. Although you won’t find Barbie on this list, you might find some great alternatives for the daughter/son, niece/nephew, friend’s kid, etc in your life. 🙂
BTW, everything is a direct link to an affiliate Amazon Prime link for your shipping convenience! I’ll be adding to this list throughout the week but here’s an initial stab!
- This was literally one of my FAVORITE toys as a child, I spent hours making all kinds of paths for the marbles to run down!
- Anyone can create hundreds of unique working constructions
- Includes 45 blocks, 14 marbles, and a storage bag to build towering masterpieces
I’m not sure if you’ve heard…but there’s this game kids are playing called “Minecraft”! Popular last year as well, now LEGO has cashed in and is offering a Minecraft set(s) to recreate the digital game sweeping parents’ ipads and PCs.
We played this awesome game at the Space Museum in Huntsville, AL while the Smithsonian Museum was offering a free activity. The key are the connectors that allow kids to connect the straws into any architectural feat their imagination can deliver.
Everyone is in a different place and one day I will get this for my daughter! Awesome set, I took a class in college using Mindstorm robots and I LOVED it!
- Intelligent EV3 Brick with powerful ARM9 processor, Wi-Fi USB port and Internet connectivity, Micro SD card reader, back-lit buttons and 4 motor ports
- 3 interactive servo motors, remote control, imp. and redesigned color sensor, redesigned touch sensor, infrared sensor, 550+ LEGO Technic elements
- Control your robot via the infrared sensor system; intuitive software (PC and Mac) with icon-based drag-and-drop programming interface
- Building instructions for 5 robots included; Download bonus building instructions developed by real fans and endorsed by LEGO at LEGO.com/mindstorms
- Control and command your robot with the enclosed remote control or download the free app for your smart device
My daughter got this as a gift one year and LOVED it! Spent the entire year wowing us with her magical powers!
- Filled with over (100) of the greatest magic tricks and props
- Includes a special magician’s magic deck of cards to perform mind-blowing card tricks
- Suitcase doubles as a performance table measuring 10-inches high and 19.5-inches wide
- Perform magic in no time with step-by-step instructional magic trick DVD starring magician Ryan Oakes
- Recommended for children 8-years of age and older
- 51 pieces, aged 3+, comes with lighted cube, rechargeable LED comes with USB cable. 6 new pyramid shaped elements.
Kids love origami—and what could be cooler than transforming a piece of paper into Boba Fett, Princess Leia, Yoda, or R2-D2?!