Throughout the year, not just during the summer, join the following places for kid-friendly events:
- Lakeshore Learning – store offers a Saturday arts and craft activity. Not only are the crafts cleverly designed but also very intricate and interesting. We normally go for about an hour or so, doing the craft and then going around the store and playing with all the toys laid out on display. We sometimes bring a friend or meet someone there. On holidays they offer multiple things to do, perfect gifts for all the grandparents, aunts and uncles.
- Lowe’s – signup because supplies and slots go by for this bi-monthly clinic for kids…make a putting green, pirate ship, and many more fun things, again FREE! Activities are from 10-11 and you get the Lowe’s apron on the first visit to collect pins for each craft.
- Home Depot – on the first Saturday of every month, visit here for another hammer and nails activity. They’ll also get a kid-size apron and activity pin, FREE!
- Michael’s – Called the Knack, this Michael’s website is for kids and educators. Check out the calendar event for different crafts scheduled…as well as joining the club! Receive special offers, birthday specials, and event news!
- San Antonio Audubon Society – 2nd Saturdays have gone to the birds! Join the society for a junior walk, everyone welcomed…binoculars available!
- Houston Street Fair – the last Saturday of every month, from 12pm-6pm, come down for this FREE family event with a different theme each month. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy local crafts and foods…