This summer when your kids start to get bored, remind them that they can make money and get lots of fun free stuff, simply by reading a couple minutes each day! We participated in a lot of these programs last year and had an incredible time!
Across the nation, Half Price Books is offering their “Feed Your Brain” summer reading program from June 1,
2010 through July 31, 2010! This is a GREAT deal! If your child reads 15 minutes each day a week, you can pick up a $3 gift card! We made this a Saturday tradition, turning in our reading log and picking out a new book or two (from the children’s clearance section!)
- Information for parents/teachers here
- Feed Your Brain reading log (printed copies also available in-store!)
- Official flyer to help spread the word at work!
Scholastic Summer Challenge
Barnes and Noble is also offering a FREE book for every 8 books you read this summer!
- Download their passport and choose from a list of books for each reading level!
- Here is a list of all the books your child can choose from
- Educators download this reading kit
- Parents can get additional information from this parent kit
Children can return their completed kits from May 25 through September 7th!
*For kids 12 and under, starts 5/4/2010 and lasts through 8/26/2010!
Pottery Barn Kids Book Club is every Tuesday from 1100am to 1130am. Visit 5 times and your children will receive a free gift!
Bookworm Wednesdays from National Amusements is offering FREE admission to select children’s film after presenting a book report to participating Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas, or Cinema De Lux box offices! Checkout their locations. Print this form to complete the book report with your child.
San Antonio Public Library wants you to join the Mayor’s Summer Reading Club! From June 15th through August 31st, you’ll get a certificate and FREE book for every 15 books you read!