UPDATED 5/26/2015: Texas Olive Festival has been rescheduled for Thursday, September 10 to Sunday, September 13 due to the inclement weather forecast, flooding, and potential road closures as seen this past weekend. Any tickets purchased for the festival will be honored for the new weekend in September or can be fully refunded.
- Guests can expect a similar lineup of activities and events this September and will still have the opportunity to experience live music, food and wine tastings, chef demos, and educational activities surrounding olives and olive growing.
Third Annual Texas Olive Festival in Dripping Springs
The third annual Texas Olive Festival, presented by Texas Hill Country Olive Company, is thrilled to announce the exciting chef demonstration lineup during the Festival Expo on
Saturday, May 30 from noon to 7:00 p.m.
The chef lineup for this year’s festival includes:
- Chefs Alma Alcocer-Thomas and Jeff Martinez of Austin’s Alcomar
- Chef Chris Wilson of The Carillon
- Chef Jeff Balfour of San Antonio’s Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery
- Chef Ross Burtwell of Cabernet Grill
- Chef and Culinary Instructor David Holtzman of The Art Institute of Austin.
Throughout the day, Central Texas chefs will provide a 45-minute demonstration of a recipe that incorporates Texas Hill Country Olive Company’s olive oil or balsamic vinegars. Guests will not only be able to watch the chefs prepare the dish, they will also be able to meet each chef and have the opportunity sample each chef’s dish directly following the demonstration.
The full lineup for the chef demonstrations features the following:
· Chefs Alma Alcocer-Thomas and Jeff Martinez from 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
· Chef Ross Burtwell from 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
· Chef Jeff Balfour from 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
· Chef Chris Wilson from 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· Chef David Holtzman from 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
The Texas Olive Festival is a four-day event held from Thursday, May 28 to Sunday, May 31 in Dripping Springs. Held at Texas Hill Country Olive Company, Texas Olive Festival provides guests with an opportunity to experience food, wine, chef demos, and educational activities surrounding olives and olive growing.
In addition to the exciting chef lineup, the Festival Expo will feature live music from the Charlie Pierce Band and select musicians from the Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival.
Photo Credit: Texas Hill Country Olive Company
Food and wine tastings from local restaurants and wineries including:
- Smoke’N Hops
- Crepe Crazy
- Pilot Knob Vineyard
- Hye Meadow Winery
- Fall Creek Vineyards
- Lewis Wines
Specialty vendors including:
- Barrel Designs
- Two Winey Women
- Concha’s Salsa
- Lone Star Gifts
- Kid’s activities
- Feature an olive farming panel discussion with Texas Olive Growers Association and Council (TOGAC)
- Health and beauty seminars
- Book signings by guest chefs.
Tickets for Texas Olive Festival are now on sale at www.TexasOliveFest.com starting at $25 for the Festival Expo and varying in pricing for the individual events on May 28, 29, and 31. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit St. David’s NeuroTexas Institute. The Texas Hill Country Olive Company is located on 17 acres at 2530 West Fitzhugh Rd. in Dripping Springs, Texas.
For more information, please visit www.TexasHillCountryOliveCo.com.