On Thursday, January 26 through Sunday, January 29, San Antonio’s beautiful Riverwalk will be the backdrop for the first ever San Antonio Cocktail Conference!
Over the course of four days, local residents and visitors will have the opportunity to:
- Partake in 27 classes
- Meet with 31 different presenters
- Attend 5 fabulous soirees (visit different cocktail tasting stations, enjoy Riverwalk boat shuttles from one venue to the next)
- Enter in one Original Cocktail Competition
- And say salutations during one Yoga for bartenders class
Stemming from Chef Mark Bohanan, the mastermind behind the critically acclaimed downtown steakhouse Bohanan’s, the San Antonio Cocktail Conference will feature educational seminars, classes, tastings, and more with experts travelling in from across the US and Australia!
Become a Fan: https://www.facebook.com/SACocktailConference
BUY TICKETS! Schedule: http://www.sanantoniococktailconference.com/schedule
Tasting Schedule: http://www.sanantoniococktailconference.com/schedule/tastings (view the list, tastings are from 10:30am – 4:30pm on Friday and Saturday)
Don’t feel like heading downtown for a cocktail party? Would you do it for a good cause? The San Antonio Cocktail Conference is benefiting
HeartGift, a group of medical professionals and volunteers who give their resources (surgical skills, home, hours) so that children can have access to lifesaving surgery to repair their congenital heart defects:
- 93% of world’s population doesn’t have access to pediatric cardiac surgery
- Surgeons and physicians donate their services, for treatments normally costing $165,000
- Average total expense for each HeartGift patient (includes travel and medical care) is $24,000
- $8.5 million worth of medical care donated to date
- 130 children from 22 countries have benefitted from HeartGift services
Become a Fan: https://www.facebook.com/HeartGift
From an interview with Chef Mark Bohanan:
The Cocktail Conference is a four-day event that is modeled after the wildly successful Manhattan Cocktail Classic and New Orleans’ Tales of the Cocktail Event, both of which draw more than 20,000 people…
…Classes will include topics such as ice making, crafting perfect cocktails for home entertaining, an introduction to gin cocktails and many more…
…There will also be a contest with celebrity judges, tastings, seminars and other special events designed to combine cocktail culture education with good old-fashioned fun…
…I want people to come downtown and see why it is the pulse of San Antonio. I want to remind locals of what is available to them right in their own backyards, as well as show tourists why San Antonio is a major destination for both the leisure and business traveler.