During our FANTASTIC stay at the beautiful, Phoenician Resort, my family and I were invited to experience lunch at Relish Burger Bistro, located on the upper level of the gulf clubhouse. Offering nine flat screen TVs, it’s a perfect place to take a break between holes, watching a game (or three), or lunching with friends. You definitely don’t have to be into golf to enjoy the breathtaking views or delicious food.
Also, if you’re in the mood for something stronger, the Phoenician offers one of the largest Tequila collections in North America.
There’s a daily happy hour menu that’s offered from 3-6pm that includes a $5 signature hot dog (add a 16oz draft beer for $4) and a lot of other yummy treats.
Relish Burger Bistro offers indoor and outdoor seating, along with additional seating and their long bar and a great menu. Our server Hannah definitely took great care of us and Shawn was a great overall host.
To kick off our meal, we were greeted with some starters:
- Fried Pickles: dipped in a spicy batter and then fried as spears, we dipped them into the creamy Ranch dressing and devoured them quickly.
- BBQ Chicken Nachos: Stone-ground tortilla chips made a hearty base for these nachos that included Cheddar cheese, black beans, tomatoes, jalepenos, cilantro crema, chives, and an achiote BBQ chicken. Massive. Items are larger in person!
Our very attentive servers overheard me highlighting their “spiked shakes and floats”, a specialty just for adults, and brought one to the table for us to try! (Thanks Shawn!!) There are three items while we were on the menu including the Adult Root Beer Float that I enjoyed. It had vanilla ice cream, Three Olives Root Beer Vodka, and their house draft root beer. Very refreshing on the hot day we visited on. There’s also chocolate and vanilla shakes.
My daughter ordered the sliders which were mini Kobe burgers topped with American cheese and Thousand island dressing. All the burgers were reinforced with golf tees instead of toothpicks and my daughter and I found this to be “Pinterest worthy” !
By default, the 100% American Kobe burgers (free from antibiotics and hormones) are served on a housemade Challah bun with tater tots. As with everything at the Phoenician, you have the alternative options of onion rings (deliciously beer battered), garlic french fries (delicious with herbs, garlic, and parmesan cheese), or sweet potato fries (with a delicious peppercorn seasoning.)
For not additional charge, burgers can come “knife and fork style” which means they’ll arrive bunless, on a bed of signature salad and accompanied with sweet potato fries.
Clockwise pictures below:
- Classic Burger: Split in the kitchen for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, is the Classic Burger with two additional toppings
- True Bleu: topped with Cave-aged bleu cheese, caramelized onions, and made dirty with a fried egg on top
- Turkey Apple: house-ground turkey and apple burger with cave-aged blue cheese, wilted baby field greens, chopped maple pecans, and shaved Wilcox apples.
- True Bleu: (fork and knife style) topped with Cave-aged bleu cheese, caramelized onions, and made dirty with a fried egg on top
And although we were more than stuffed, we couldn’t leave without trying their famous S’mores which S’mores experience to date. Taking “make-it-yourself” to the next level, not only did it include homemade marshmallows, Hershey chocolate bars, and graham crackers, it was served in a Phoenician style clay charcoal over, optimal (and flaming!) for table-side roasting.