2013 San Antonio Cocktail Conference Events
Welcoming cocktail novices and enthusiasts, industry experts, sponsors, and regional and national media to San Antonio from Jan. 17-20, 2013, San Antonio Cocktail Conference 2013 combines education with good old-fashioned fun. With seminars, tastings, evening soirees, after parties and more, the conference benefits HeartGift San Antonio, a non-profit organization that provides life-saving heart surgery to children from countries where necessary care is unavailable to them.
This is one of my favorite annual events with each year topping the previous! This year’s event line up looks fantastic!
Thursday, Jan. 17
- 7 – 11 p.m. – Opening Night at the Majestic Theatre, with ambassadors of select spirit brands hosting bars throughout the venue and crafting a variety of specialty cocktails; San Antonio Chef Coalition will participate; special musical guest Arturo Sandoval.
Friday, Jan. 18
- Seminars throughout the day beginning at 11a.m. until 5 p.m.
- 3:30 – 6 p.m. – Original Cocktail Competition at The St. Anthony Hotel
7 – 11 p.m. – River Level Event: Tiki party at El Tropicano Hotel, parties at Luke, SoHo and The Esquire Tavern; Rio Taxi will provide transportation between parties for ticket holders.
Saturday, Jan. 19
- Seminars throughout the day beginning at 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Sasha Petraske’s Skills Competition at The St. Anthony Hotel
- 7 – 11 p.m. – Street Level Event: Bohanan’s Restaurant & Bar, Bar 1919, The Standard Pour bar takeover at Tre Trattoria Downtown, and The Brooklynite; Take a ride and enjoy the view with City Sightseeing Double Decker.
Sunday, Jan. 20
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Bloody Mary Brunch at Sheraton Gunter Hotel
- 5 – 7 p.m. – The Evolution of Tequila at La Margarita Restaurant & Oyster Bar
The quality of the seminars are incredible and intense! Even though I am not a spirit professional, the information I learned during the seminars (from some of the masterminds of the cocktail revolution in America) have been tidbits I have impressed business associates, friends, and party goers with for years! Just check out this article I was able to write for the Rivard Report on Ice!
Tasting rooms will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel. Admission to tasting rooms is available with the purchase of any San Antonio Cocktail Conference ticket or at the door for a $10 donation to the charity, HeartGift San Antonio. This is the best deal ever. I always describe it as a Career Fair style setup but with spirit and wine purveyors. You go from table to table and sample fantastic cocktails or shots while collecting swag along the way. I normally can make it through three tables before taking a nice water break.