What else is better in Texas?? BBQ! At the 3rd Annual Texas Monthly BBQ Festival this September, prepare to “immerse your taste buds in pit-smoked nirvana from a roundup of 22 BBQ joints named the best in Texas by Texas Monthly. Enjoy an afternoon of barbecue sampling, cold libations, and live music.”
Tickets go on SALE Thursday, July 26!! Buy them HERE! Starting at 10am!
When: Sunday, September 23, 2012
Time: 1pm – 5pm (VIP entry at noon)
Where: 701 W. Riverside Drive (at the corner of S. 1st Street) Austin, Texas
Newsletter: sign up here
VIP tickets: $118*
General Admission tickets: $58
*NOTE: Children 5 and under are free
- 2 beverage coupons
- One (1) BBQ Festival T-shirt
- One (1) one-year subscription to Texas Monthly
- One (1) Q Card redeemable at participating restaurants and retailers (click here for more Q Card details)
- Admission onto the festival grounds for one hour (12pm-1pm) prior to general admission ticket holders.
Current List of Participants: here
- BABY J’S BAR-B-QUE & FISH
- BAKER’S RIBS
- BIG DADDY’S ROADHOUSE BBQ
- BUZZIE’S BAR-B-QUE
- CITY MEAT MARKET
- COLEMAN’S BBQ
- COUNTRY TAVERN
- COUSIN’S BAR-B-Q
- FRANKLIN BARBECUE
- GOODE COMPANY TEXAS BAR-B-Q
- LAMBERTS DOWNTOWN BARBECUE
- LOUIE MUELLER BARBECUE
- MANN’S SMOKEHOUSE BAR-B-QUE
- OPIE’S BBQ
- PECAN LODGE
- THE SALT LICK BAR-B-QUE
- SCHOEPF’S OLD TIME PIT BAR-B-QUE
- SMITTY’S MARKET
- SNOW’S BBQ
- STANLEY’S FAMOUS PIT BAR-B-Q
- TAYLOR CAFÉ
- VINCEK’S SMOKEHOUSE
Check out Texas Monthly’s Top 50 BBQ joints in Texas here, though shout out to Lockhart Smokehouse in Dallas (post on it to come soon too!) …I also really enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Texas Pride!
Got an iPhone? Download 2011 Festival tunes here!
Mobile Apps – BBQ Finder
Finds the best BBQ, wherever you are, available for Android and iPhone!
Tell me where your favorite BBQ place in Texas is! Did your place make the list?