San Antonio has a NEW park complete with 2 dog parks (large dogs and small dogs nicely separated), a beautiful playground, and several short walking trails shaded by the harsh rays of San Antonio sun! Last Thursday I was invited to preview a park envisioned by the former Mayor Phil Hardberger, who proposed using the property to establish a world-class park!
Facebook: Join their Group!
Separate areas for large dogs and small dogs
- Includes separate entrances although you can walk from one to another
- Water troughs to water and wash of canines
- Ramps, dog houses, limestone benches
- Everything is lined with thick mulch
- Rubber areas
- Slides, hopscotch, swings
- Climbing rocks, twisty things, and jungle gyms
- Although no trail is longer than .8 miles, you can hook into longer paths at the end of the trail
- Shaded with lots of opportunities to see the flora and fauna including walks with local nature groups
Phase 2 – which starts the summer of 2010
- Permanent restrooms
- Permanent education classroom where weekend classes will be offered to students and adults
- Recreational fields for pick up football games
- Scenic clearings
- Another park entry
*Check out their website for all the developmental news!
I posted all the pictures in a Facebook Album: Phil Hardberger Park | San Antonio, TX